Skip to main content


As I prepare for my second round of Chemotherapy treatment, I remain encouraged!  The tumor has already decreased in size tremendously from just the first round!  So, in all that I'm about to face it has already proven to be worth it!  There were so many lessons learned from the first time in just learning just how much my body would change so quickly.  I can no longer eat the things that I once loved.  I learned to take it slow and with a lot of trial and error and support from my family, we worked it out! Some good o'l Turnip Soup from my Aunt Mary, and Vegan dishes from my Cousin Billie have turned out to be what jump started me into being able to actually eat and recover!

September 12, 2018 was the first day of treatment for me.  I have so much to share in the days leading up to my first treatment to come in a later post.  I must say it all felt and continues to feel like a blanket of God's love and grace helping me to get through this.  Something very special that happened was that I was in the company of a survivor friend on my way to my first treatment.  It was like being encouraged by her presence allowed me to see my end just a touch away.  Candace Williams was so kind in staying up with me the night before answering any and every question that both my boyfriend and I had.  I can hardly remember what time we finally went to bed, but it was so needed.  In the video clip below you will see my prep the morning of and what friends and family sent to encourage me, an interview I did with Candace and some footage from my actual treatment!

So as I head out of the door feeling great, energized and dropping off my son to school! I'm doing the count down and after this one, only 4 more to go sounds really good!!!


Please subscribe to my blog and YouTube!! :)

https://youtu.be/vDCk04iKvx4



So much more to come!!!!!!

#ColandraStrong
#AltonsDaughter



Comments

  1. You got This! HE got you! ๐Ÿ’œ

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud of your strength and courage. Our God is bigger ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿพ

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

02-Oct-2018 Hi Everyone, By now you have hopefully read my post and have viewed the YouTube video informing you of my condition.  I knew from the very beginning that somehow I would share my journey but I prayed for a way to do so in a purposeful manner and I'm thankful for the vision and the people who love me that helped me to execute it!  I want you to be inspired to take the time to be concerned about YOU.  I am learning what it means to do just that!  As you can imagine hearing the words that "You have cancer" is life altering.  I felt like I was living someone else's life.  Like, "me?"..."come again say whaaaa?".  I could not think straight and could not eat well for at least 5 days after finding out.  Everything felt like absolutely nothing at all.  That is the best way to describe it.  What I can tell you is that going to Church, singing songs about healing etc; is one thing, but to be faced with a choice to believe in what you have been
It has now been 278 days since my diagnosis.  Since that time, I have had countless doctor appointments, 6 rounds of what I like to call harsh chemo AKA a living hell (technical name: Taxotere), double mastectomy and reconstruction, continuous rounds of Trastuzumab and Pertuzumab, etc; I feel like I have experienced World War III inside of my body, at war to live. There is no pretty way to express what it has been like.  I have many down days of feeling overwhelmed with all of the changes that have occurred, and at times it's hard to motivate myself to do much outside of the norm.  However, I am thankful that I have been able to allow those moments to come and go.  I find that it's important that I remain honest with every emotion that I feel in order to maintain control mentally.  To simply expect yourself to not "feel" after such a traumatic experience is in itself crazy.  I feel most hopeful and gain the most strength when I am able to attach what I a